Now that we’re wrapping up that time of the year when celebration, vacation, parties, dance and lots of fun and frolic is in the air; we might all be finding ourselves worn out and in need of a luxury spa day. There’s no better way to kick of 2017 right than by treating yourself to a day of pampering and relaxation. When you plan for exotic travel destinations this year, always choose a hotel or a resort that gives you lot of activities to perform, leisure, relaxation and above all an awesome spa experience, that rejuvenates both your mind and the body.
Spas are the best escape when you want to detox and want to immerse your body in aromas and scents that are simply mind-blowing. Like with any other fashion accessory or trend, the best way to find a luxury spa is by seeking the one that perfectly suits your needs. Always choose the one which are different and not the typical spa which sometimes look like hospitals or five-star hotels with resident doctors! Spas should be chosen wisely, and they should not be chosen just on the fact that since they are expensive, so, they must be good. Though it is true to some extent, but, blindly looking at only the prices is wrong. Read the entire manual or brochure that the spa provides and read carefully what is included in a spa, don’t just go by the fancy names, instead read what oils they are going to use, what is the process, who will be doing and how it will help your body to rejuvenate.
A great luxury spa has them all, a range of specialist ranging from doctors to therapists, nutritionist, yoga instructors, gurus, massage experts etc who will nurture your mind and body from tip to toe. Before finalizing the spa, check whether it is offering proper and authentic counseling and advice. The luxury spa team should not sound too salesy and should speak jargons that you cannot understand.
A luxury spa should have decent ambience, nor too loud neither to generic or casual, it should be one that gives you relaxation, there should be sufficient light to feel safe and the experts should actually be experts, they should understand that every person is different and should understand what is that you are looking forward to. It should ultimately make your holiday a fun and relaxation hangout.
Through this article, we have made a humble effort to give you all details related with spa, what kind of treatment you can expect in a luxury spa, various other therapies, what are some best spa products to take home and try yourself and the best luxury and nail spa in the world, where they are located, what you can expect from those spas,their price range, different spa services they provide and a lot more. Just immerse in the article and read every detail. We know you are keen to know because you don’t want to spend an average holiday in a far-flung place, instead you are looking for a holistic experience to refresh your mind, body, soul and spirit.
Types of Treatments at a Luxury Nail Spa
A luxury nail salon is not the one that files your nail, eliminates dead skin and cuticle or remove those nail-polish stains. It is one that offers a wide range of nail treatment services, and not just pedicure or manicure. Let us delve into each nail treatment at the luxury spas and know more about them:
Regular manicures and pedicures: It is the most basic form on nail care, it starts from soaking your nails or for that matter your entire foot or hands in warm soapy water, this is done to soften your skin and dead cells so it becomes easy to remove it. The technician will scrub your feet with a good gentle scrubber and will clean your nails, clip and file them. After that she will use loads of crème on your foot or hand and massage it properly and finishes the manicure or pedicure by applying a pack, to close the open pores. You can get your nails painted in some bright colors too.
French Manicure and Pedicure
It is very much the same as your regular manicure or pedicure, the only difference is the way nail paint is applied on your nails. The technician will first apply a coat of a translucent neutral color like pink or white followed by a darker color on just the tips of the nail. It makes the nails look more classy and cute.
Reverse French Manicure
Just the same as French manicure, the only difference is you paint the moon of the nail in white or some pastel color and the rest of the nail is painted in dark colors.
Spa Manicure and Pedicure I
t is longer than the regular ones, though the basic process is same, but the ingredients they use for exfoliation, scrubbing etc is different and made of natural products and oils, a glycolic exfoliation or a paraffin wax treatment may be offered as a treatment. The treatment is different and involves the use of paraffin or glycolic acid, but the results are wonderful, it leaves your hands or foot soft and supple. Gel or Shellac Manicure and Pedicure Again the process is same as the regular ones, the only difference lies in the way nail polish is applied on the nails. Though the regular process of base, main and top is followed, but after applying each coat, the technician will make you nails exposed to UV light, in order to dry them well, and then apply the second coat, this makes the nail paint more durable and it lasts for at least 2 weeks without getting chipped. The luxury salons use both gels and shellac, though there is not much difference between the two, but shellac is processed a little higher because it is prepared using a different formula. Shellac takes less time to remove and the removal can be done both at home and salon. American Manicure
Very much similar to French manicure, the only difference is the shape of the nail and the color used. In the American manicure the tips are sometimes rounded, and use more neutral or off white colors on the tips, instead of the bright whites like in the French manicure.
Stone Manicure and Pedicure
As the name suggest, after giving the regular manicure or pedicure the technician will put heated stones on your foot or hand, it is actually done to provide relief to overworked feet or hands and preferred by people who are in a job that demands greater standing time.
This is not actually manicure or pedicure, but it is for those who have short nails and want to make them look longer, it is basically a nail extension. The add-ons can be shaped as per your choice and painted or styled as per the trends. Though they are not very long-lasting but give you a nice look when carried with a fabulous dress.
Home Luxury Spa Products
If you are those who always want to look their best, like to keep hands and foot immaculately clean and your hair and skin perfect, then buying some products which will help you achieve this is possible. But yes, it comes at a price and you have to splurge a good amount of money in buying such products, but it saves your time of visiting a spa and you can do it as and when you want it.
Here is a list of 11 products which falls under the category of Home Luxury Spa and gives you the same effect as you get in the spa salon.
1. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00P4IZDFU” locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Lalicious Sugar Reef Extraordinary Whipped Sugar Scrub[/easyazon_link]: This is a product which you can buy from a retail outlet or order online when you want to get rid of dead skin from your body. It contains ingredients like pure sugar cane crystals, cold-pressed coconut, sweet almond oil, white tea, melon, and ginger, it is a bliss for your skin and your skin will thank you for it. It will rip you off every dead cell from your body.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00P4IZDFU” locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/41icAfnE7sL.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”500″]
2. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00DAHCO72″ locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]AHAVA Calming Lavender Mineral Bath Salt:[/easyazon_link] One of the most rewarding product to take home just sprinkle few drops of AHAVA’s Dead Sea Salts into a full tub and soak into the fragrance of lavender oil and experience the relaxation that a warm bath gives. It is loaded with 21 essential health-inducing minerals, a long soak in warm water with few drops of this salt will give you a wonderful feeling and freshness.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00DAHCO72″ locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/41S6dfCGnRL.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”500″]
3. [easyazon_link identifier=”B017DX9CRI” locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Art Naturals Bath Bombs 6 Pack Gift Set:[/easyazon_link] It suits you if bubble are your thing, it comes with 6 bubbles, all with different aromas and effects, just drop one salt at a time in your tub full of farm water and indulge in a soothing feeling, do it just before your night sleep, and you will have the most satisfying and relaxing sleep ever!
4. [easyazon_link identifier=”B0197GJK2G” locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Lalicious Sugar Reef Shower Oil & Bubble Bath[/easyazon_link]: One product which promises the best bubble bath. To get the best results, just pour it under the tap while the bath fills halfway. Once done, soak yourself in the water and play with the bubbles. This product contains white tea, melon, grapeseed oil, and sugar molecules. It gives a glow to your skin.
5. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00HAUHIA8″ locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Bath Body & Massage Oil:[/easyazon_link] This is made to bring you and your better half more close. Ask him to give you a gentle massage on your shoulders, while it is incredibly soothing and takes away all the pain, it will bring greater intimacy between you two. It contains safflower, jojoba, and coconut oils, so while you enjoy the sexy massage, give your partner a lifetime experience of massaging your back.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00HAUHIA8″ locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/31eSgPb3mQL.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”500″]
6. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00461F4PA” locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Baby Foot Deep Exfoliant Foot Peel[/easyazon_link]: The peel in the mix has been created using 17 natural extracts and fruit acids that exfoliate and moisturize skin. You can slip bare feet in sox that come with it and secure the sox with a tape. Wear it for an hour and you can also move around in the house. After an hour or so, peel it off gently and wash your foot with warm water. You will get baby soft feet and it is a much appreciated product for those who cannot spend time to visit salons and get a pedicure done.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”200″ identifier=”B00461F4PA” locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/21TUkipKZL.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”200″]
7. [easyazon_link identifier=”B01LBE4KIQ” locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Spongelle PediBuffer With Built-In Cleanser:[/easyazon_link] As the name says, it comes with a built-in cleanser, so you don’t have to purchase a costly tub to soak your feet. Spongelle’s sponge comes with a botanical blend of Mandarin mint, beach grass, and other exfoliating elements, and you can use it more than 30 times.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01LBE4KIQ” locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/41zg76s1ohL.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”500″]
8. [easyazon_link identifier=”B018MF2J7Q” locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Red Carpet Manicure Gel Polish Pro 45 Ki[/easyazon_link]t: It is a safe investment, and if you really want to avoid going to spa salon or nail art salon, this is the best buy. It includes a professional LED lamp and all the essential polishes. You can get the effect of a professional nail spa in the comfort of your home.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”475″ identifier=”B018MF2J7Q” locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/512BE5FaqJ6L.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”500″]
9. [easyazon_link identifier=”B01IYY49VY” locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask:[/easyazon_link] The results are super-awesome, apply this face mask on your face and you will see an instant glow on it. It is safe and can also be used daily. It is affordable. It contains charcoal-toned Umbrian clay, sandalwood oil, and lavender oil and is one of the most addictive products.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”490″ identifier=”B01IYY49VY” locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/41wCnzc6mFL.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”490″]
10. Farmaesthetics Dreaming Oil: This oil has multiple uses, but the effects are same, it gives an aroma that relaxes your nerves and give you a good night sleep. You can drop a few drops on your palm and smell it for 30 secs or drop a few drops in your night lamp, so the air in the room will get filled with its aroma. It is sensuous and eases your mind.
11. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00H0S99Z2″ locale=”US” tag=”luxauthority-20″]Orbeez Luxury Spa[/easyazon_link]: It gives the real spa experience in the comfort of your home. It has a LED lighting and comes with a strainer to remove water without losing your Orbeez. It includes more than 2200 Orbeez. This new Luxury Spa is bigger and is equipped with more luxury features. It comes with a larger foot tub that makes you fit your foot in it easily. It now comes with a massage function, a warming feature and a light show.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”407″ identifier=”B00CI6JPNC” locale=”US” src=”http://theluxauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/51viMe5cFTL.jpg” tag=”luxauthority-20″ width=”500″]
Luxury Spa Treatments
Tired of daily routine, and want to pamper your skin? Then, spa is the best escape! If you’re in need of holistic relaxation, stress relief or just a little bit pampering. Luxury spa is for you. Visit the exotic destinations like Bangkok, Bali or India and immerse yourself in a never before experience. Detach yourself from the daily routine and unwind in a stress free and relaxing atmosphere. But, before you decide to hit a spa destination, decide which kind of spa you wan for yourself, as there are various kind of spa, each with its own benefits and purpose.
Each luxury spa has the basic massage body treatments and therapies to ease out stress and enhance your health. Here is a list of various type of luxurious spa available in this world:
It is best when you want to get rid of any pain that you are experiencing for long. It involves the basic acupressure movements and involves pressing some points in the body for maximum relaxation. A therapist generally undertakes this massage and will gently press the major points of your body with his fingertips to aid the healing process. It has manifold effects on your body, from improving blood circulation to relieving headaches and encouraging healing after injuries, it is sometimes recommended by doctors too.
It involves applying pressure on the stomach and the pelvic area. It is mainly advised for women and used to treat a displaced uterus or infertility. It is also a good cure to get rid of painful or irregular periods, hormonal imbalances, bladder problems, constipation and ovary issues. However it is also advised for men with digestive issues or bladder problems.
Thai massage is a combination of acupressure, body rocking and assisted stretching, you can opt for a full body massage or just focus on a single part which is the most troublesome. It is done on the floor and it is best if you want to get away from shoulder pain or stiff neck
Deep Tissue Massage Therapy
As the name says, it focuses on deep massage that breaks the tissue which is causing pain, it can be done to the whole body or just one part, it eases a stiff neck, pain in shoulder or tension in any part of the body. If you are recovering from a injury, deep tissue massage is suitable.
It is done with oils which are made using plant extracts, it involves a classic massage technique with long strokes and kneading. The use of oil largely depends upon your personal needs; the skin absorbs the entire oil releasing every pain or tension that is there in your body. Your objective may be to calm, energize or clean and decongest, all requires different kind of oil. .
One of the most relieving massage, ayurvedic massage makes use of several oils and a classic massage. Oils are made of natural plant extracts and the basic reason why people like this massage is it provides deep relaxation and provides a holistic experience. It is customized as per your personal need . Simple strokes and hand movements are used to give you a fresh feel. It is good for detoxifying and cleansing your body and mind.
Indian Head Massage
The major focus area is the head, but it also involves giving massage to neck, shoulder or scalp and occasional the face too. This Indian head massage is suitable for people suffering from tension in head and want a good head massage, it affects the hair too. It aims to cure insomnia and headaches.
Lomi Lomi Massage
A very different type of massage, it is carried out by the forearms, hands and sometimes elbows of the therapist, this massage involves long rhythmic strokes that differ in pressure and speed. The use of oil nourishes the body and the hair too. This therapy helps improve the functions of digestive, muscular and immune system.
For both a physical and mental renewal, Shiatsu massage is the best. It is done to enhance energy flow across the body with continuous rhythmic sequences of pressure. The therapist makes use of his fingers, thumbs and palms. This is a unique therapy as no oil is used and you can wear all your clothes while getting it done.
A very unique massage, it is done in warm water and integrates dance, stretching, joint mobilisation and elements of massage and shiatsu. There is always a therapist to assist you, while you float and are stretched, cradled and rocked. This mix of warm water and massage therapy creates holistic relaxation and has a healing benefit.
Hot Stone Massage
An integral part of any wellness program, this massage involves use of hot stones. A therapist will first give you basic massage to heat your body, and then put heated stones of various sizes and shapes on your body with precision. These heated stones kept on various parts of the body help release tension and relives you of a lot of pain that otherwise you have been experiencing for long. Sometimes the therapist also provides massage using these heated stones in his hands and moving it in circular motion on your body.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
It impacts the body’s lymphatic system and aids weight loss. It helps in reducing water retention in your body, or improves blood circulation, it is the best massage for you. It is a soft and gentle massage which focuses on stimulating the lymph and encouraging the body to get rid of any toxins and waste. When you take this massage, you will feel light and revitalized.
Four Hand Massage
The four hand massage involves two therapist, who uses their hands fluidly on your body, from tip to toe, it squeeze all the tension from your body. Generally one therapist takes the lead and is followed by the other. Primarily, long sweeps and strokes are given on back, shoulder, abdominal, the main purpose is to keep you completely relaxed.
Best Locations in the World for Luxury Day Spas
It is for those who are searching for stress relief, weight management, detox and fitness, this is a world-renowned award-winning Thai spa. The main purpose of this spa is to give you a holistic experience and keep you as tranquil as possible. ChivaSom Thai Spa is located at a serene destination and offers a range of spa services at affordable prices.
It is located in the plush Himalaya’s foot and is spread over sprawling 24,000ft² and uses over 80 different body and beauty treatments. It offers all kind of spa services, from the ayurveda to thai spa. The destination is favorite for Indians as well as foreigners and is a spiritual retreat. There are many other activites that the spa offers like yoga, meditation etc.
It is a luxurious mountain resort and spa that overlooks the Algarve coastline. It is known for offering natural medical procedures and provides highly customized and personalized solution to any of your health problem. It not only works on your body, but it also makes you feel happy from within and the way you think and feel.
Located on the beach in L’Alfas del Pi and surrounded by the Spanish countryside, this wellness clinic is unique and provides unparalleled experience to the guests. It is set in a perfect ambience which enhances guest experience, t is the favorite holiday luxury spa destination for people living in nearby areas. Once you arrive, a complete medical examination is done and then a complete plan is prescribes and various combinations of oil, massages etc is prescribed to give you complete and absolute relaxation.
Spain a country famous for its architectural edifices, this spa is also set in the heart of Nature Park, Sierra de Las Nieves. Here you get a chance to experience the ancient healing traditions and rituals as you soak yourself in magnificent architecture of Spain. You can enjoy a holistic healing at this spa and immerse yourself in complete tranquility. This health spa offers everything from Reiki to soul reading sessions to re-open energy pathways.
A luxurious and serene destination, this spa is a true Caribbean getaway, you can achieve complete wellness as you discover how to maintain both inner and outer peace. This spa also offers personalised Pilates, yoga and meditation lessons and has the facility to hire a personal trainer.
It is the largest spa in Africa, this spa offers spa in a truly enchanting safari setting. You can enjoy lot of treatments at this award-winning spa, which makes use of natural products that are eco-friendly and soft on your skin with no side effects. You can take a ride in surroundings areas with a private safari guide, after which you can relax in the spa and pamper yourself. It offers treatments like uplifting grapefruit facials and Maldivian black pepper scrubs.
Set in an Italian countryside, this spa aims at boosting your well-being and etox your body and eliminate all waste and toxins from it. Its signature Healtheatarian’ tailored wellness programmes integrates organic vegan nutrition, therapeutic physical activity and holistic therapies to ensure that the guests feel rested and motivated to live their life ahead. The unique feature of this spa is it offers a complete vegetarian diet.
You can enjoy in the natural hot springs and continue your wellness journey as you experience more about this spa which also offers hydrotherapy. It is located in the tropical jungles, limestone hills and natural hot spring dipping pools, it offers you an option of detoxifying colon.
Luxury Spa Resorts
Villa Del Palmar Cancun Luxury Beach Resort & Spa: It is located in Mexico and it is apt for both a room only and all inclusive vacations in Mexico. This is a Mexican Caribbean Resort which has something for everyone and offers ultimate relaxation, luxury accommodation and gourmet cuisine. It offers world-class spa and fitness facility, swimming pool and a variety of fine dine option.
Nizuc Luxury Resort & Spa: When you arrive at this exotic spa destination, you will experience luxury at every inch of it. It is one of its kind first ESPA- branded spa in Mexican Caribbean. Once you are here, you can indulge in wellness and spa programs that will make your stay even more wonderful. It makes use of exclusive ESPA treatments and products, such as the NIZUC Thermal experience and beauty salon. You can indulge in the spa and the fitness centre to discover a new you.
Santorini Princess Luxury Spa Hotel:
In Imerovigli, the most beautiful village of Santorini, there is Santorini Princess Luxurious Hotel Apartments. It is situated on world famous caldera, 300m above the sea, having a fascinating and wonderful view of the volcano and the little islands of the Aegean Sea, with the beauty of watching the breathtaking sunset.
The Santorini Princess Luxury Spa Hotel, is only 3,5 km away from the capital city of Fira. It is a beautiful Spa and one of its kind which offers a never-before experience to its guests. It has a team of experts to make you feel comfortable and give you a relaxation for which you always aspire. Visit once to get a life time experience.
Other famous luxury spa includes Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, Lanserhof Tegernsee, Marienstein, Bavaria, Germany, Aman Tokyo, Lefay Resort & Spa, Gargnano, Italian Lakes, Italy, Royal Mansour Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco, Nihiwatu Sumba, Indonesia, Parkhotel Igls Innsbruck, Austria, etc. When it comes to spa, the list is endless and all spa aims at giving you the maximum pleasure and experience.