Glamping (or glamorous camping) is a fairly new trend in camping in the outdoors where people sleep in a yurt or teepee at a resort. These buildings usually have running water some have fireplaces and are can be very luxurious. A glamping trip is usually provided by adventure groups, such as hiking, safaris and rafting, but the focus is on the comfort of the guests. This kind of camping is big all over the world and can be quite expensive. DIY glamping or do it yourself glamping is becoming more popular especially with the baby boomers; they are ready for a little luxury when they go on a camping trip.
[fancy_link title=”BOOK AN AMERICAN GLAMPING TRIP” link=”http://www.mb103.com/lnk.asp?o=6272&c=918271&a=224355&l=4984″ target=”” style=”5″ class=”” download=””]
Glamping is almost like having a holiday in a five star resort right in the middle of the wilderness. There are a large number of glamping sites in various regions around the world. These sites are run either by individuals, families or companies to cater to the needs of campers who like to enjoy their holiday in style. They take care of setting up the tents, cooking their guests’ favorite gourmet meal, cleaning up the dishes, and then leaving to allow their guests to enjoy privacy in the solitude of a quiet and serene camping space.
Glamping can be enjoyed by anyone with almost no camping skills, since most of the technical issues are taken care of by the host. Even the elderly and people with limited mobility, who would otherwise find it impossible to experience a traditional camping trip can truly enjoy glamping due to its luxurious facilities. It also offers a safe and comfortable way to enjoy the great outdoors. Families with small kids can also love the glamping experience.
Just as costs vary according to the level of luxury offered in a traditional hotel, clamping sites come in different price ranges based on the kind of facilities they provide. The location of the glamping site also dictates the price in a few cases. A three-night stay in one of the sites can cost as much as a couple of thousand dollars. But when the site offers facilities like walk-in tents, luxurious beds with warm blankets and crisp sheets, gourmet food, outdoor activities like horseback riding, fishing, kayaking, hiking, and wildlife-watching, it is well worth the price.
Most Glamorous Camping Destinations
Luxury encamping is good for those people who wish to enjoy nature without any of the amenities that they simply are not able to go a few days without. All around the world you will have the alternative of residing in different luxury encamping places and go ‘glamping’ – also known as glamour camping.
Abercrombie And Kent is a leader in internationally renowned luxury travel experiences. One of their properties is located in the historical city of Jordan. Individuals who understand Biblical history might recognize this as the lands of Moab, Edom, and Gilead. It is an attractive city and one of the perfect spots to choose when you go camping with the finest things surrounding you.
This will make your adventure as enjoyable as they possibly can while staying true to the traditions on the country. You can travel in camel caravans and reside in hand made Bedouin tents. You might have prepared meals, personal bathrooms, and all of the conveniences that you aren’t able to get at home. When you are there you will be able to explore the many historical sites.
They also have incredible luxury safaris in East Africa that would be a life-changing journey.
The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is a luxurious place that is located in British Columbia, Canada. It sits on the banks of the Bedwell River and is made up of 20 canvas tented rooms and suites. Inside of each suite are wooden floors, Adirondack type beds, wood stoves, and china. Next to this are the cedar bathhouses that are equipped with showers, sinks, and toilets.
At this camp ground you will be fenced by a forested canopy, lounge, and health spa. You can observe the whales and bears, go horseback riding, or trek through the surrounding wilderness. At night the guests can come together and savor a four course meal made by a well known chef.
Luxury Camping Products
There are certain items that you can carry with you that will mean luxury. These facilities will help you find your way as well as make your stay worthwhile. The following are some of the top luxury campsites equipment that you need to consider.
First, you need a roof over your head at your campsite. A cabin tent will be ideal – and you can get one with a lot of room. Many tents will come with up to 3 rooms and you will surely savour your space. For those who do not thrive in enclosed spaces, these tents will make your stay comfortable so that you can enjoy every minute.
One piece of luxury campsite equipment that you will adore and your kids will go crazy for is a satellite TV antenna. You do not have to miss all your favorite shows just because you are out in the woods. In this case, luxury will ensure that you get your cake and eat it as well. At campsites, you need to just connect it to a receiver and you will be good to go. There is nothing more pleasurable than this and this is what luxury is all about.
For excellent navigation, you can carry a handheld GPS. This should solve all your navigation problems at a stroke – just make sure you take enough batteries.
Another luxury item for your camping trip is a bug zapper. Long gone are days when you loaded your skin with heavy bug sprays. This equipment will declare war on midges, mosquitoes, moths, gnats, wasps and many other bugs. You do not have to worry about foul smell because the zapper will do a clean job to eliminate the enemy.
A few luxury items like these can make your camping trip an extraordinary experience with all your friends and family members out in the wild.
Top 5 Luxury Camping Equipment Items:
1. Cabin Tent: The cabin tents are designed for spacious camping. These tents are often 2-3 rooms, one being a screened room. With multiple entrances and the rooms you won’t be fighting for space or find the claustrophobic feeling that comes with other tents. High vertical walls gives these tents oven more space.
2. Satellite TV Antenna: That’s right, just because you’re out in the wild doesn’t mean you have to miss your favorite shows. These work by simply putting it where there is a view of the southern sky, connect it to the receiver and you’ll get a signal! No other cables and some are powered by the satellite! Talking about innovative… this is not a cheap camping equipment buy, but it is great for camping, tailgating, fishing trips, cookouts and more!
3. Handheld GPS: Yes this is a luxury but it today’s society its also a must have. If you’re planning a camping trip off the beaten path, chances are you won’t have a cell phone signal and you don’t want to use the old fashion map and compass. Save time and worry by using handheld GPS systems. They are very reasonably priced (you can get a good one for under $100).
4. Bug Zappers: Don’t load your skin with bug spray, making your feel dirty and smell even dirtier. Bug zappers are great for campers to fight off moths, mosquitoes, wasps, gnats and more. They don’t leave a smell, there is no chemicals and its easy.
5. Portable Camping Shower and Toilet: This is the BEST camping equipment luxury. Don’t fight over who gets to go behind which tree for bathroom breaks with lightweight, easy to clean and portable toilets… and of course who does not love the idea of being about to take a nice warm shower in the morning?
Luxury camping tents are something that most people love to have. Made from superior quality material, these tents are very much in demand nowadays. A lot of care is taken for manufacturing each of these tents.
Whether you are planning to spend a day or want to enjoy a week-long camping trip with friends and family, these camping tents will provide you the ultimate level of comfort and satisfaction that you are looking for! There are different types of these tents available in the market and they differ in terms of shape, size, color and material. So in case you are on the lookout for these tents, then quickly have a look at their benefits and where you can find them.
In case you do not know the benefits of these camping tents, then let me tell you that there are several reasons why you should opt for luxury camping tents. Just have a look at some of them:
- Luxury camping tents offer you the ultimate level of comfort and relaxation so that you can indulge yourself in a wonderful camping experience.
- These camping tents are spacious and they can house around eight people or more. This gives you an opportunity to stay together with your loved ones.
- These tents provide adequate protection from inclement weather. For instance, if you go for a camping trip during rainy days, do not fear at all about getting wet in the rain as these tents offer sufficient ground level protection from the splashing rain so that you can enjoy a good sleep. The aluminum frame also provides protection against the rough winds and hence, you can stay safe and secured even when the weather conditions are not favorable.
- Also, these luxury camping tents can be set up very easily and they have big windows so as to enable you to enjoy nature’s beauty.
- Finally, these tents do not have a very big price tag and are quite affordable.
After gaining an idea about these tents and the benefits associated with them, you are probably looking for stores selling luxury camping tents so that you can buy one for yourself. (Thanks to the advent of the Internet!) In addition to the stores selling these tents, there are several online stores from where you can purchase them by just clicking on the mouse. The greatest benefit of online shopping is that you can browse through a wide range of these camping tents within a very short time and moreover, you can do so from the comfort of your home. After selecting the one you want to buy, what you need to do is just place your order online! But remember, when you opt for online purchase, select reputed websites like Amazon and eBay or purchase them directly from the websites of companies specializing in these tents.
But in case you are not so Internet savvy, then it is advisable that you opt for offline shopping. Visit the stores and retail outlets selling these camping tents and purchase the one that is within your budget.
n price but most can be very expensive, fully stocked with room service, massage and butlers. For instance, in the summer months two adults can pay about $8,500 to spend three nights in a tent at the Clayoquot Wilderness Resort in British Columbia, Canada. Entire families routinely spend $50,000 on a week-long glamping trip at Clayoquot. Don’t let this disappoint you if you cannot find it in your budget to visit one of these posh glamping resorts. Many glampers have taken things into their own hands and are glamping up their camping trips themselves. Start camping in Style. Create your own oasis wherever you go. Both Polly and Barbie have their own glamping set-up and you can too. Here’s how.
Choices of shelter:
The first thing to do is to establish what kind of shelter you want for your glamping trip. If you decide to use a tent you want to make sure that it is water-resistant. Look for tents that can access electrical power if necessary. Also many companies rent and hire out there shelters for your use. Sometimes this is very good option, especially when it comes to big tents. It allows you to get a taste before you pull out your wallet.
- Tent (Search for color and patterns. More and more camping retailers are offering choices other than the military green that we are so used to seeing.)
- Bell Tent-camping
- Large tent with standing room
Gone are the days of the die-hard camping trip for the average American family that hates the smoke and mosquitoes but cannot bear to give up such a wilderness opportunity. Now available fully furnished tents with almost every amenity you will need for a camping excursion. Moms, no need to pack! Dad, do bring the fishing pole. And kids everywhere, prepare to have plenty of outdoor fun and sleep on a plush mattress come nightfall. Glamping is the perfect solution for anybody who wants to have a rustic outdoor getaway without all the work.
Glamping is just becoming the rage all around the United States and Europe. With several factors leading folks to look for other vacations besides the overseas tours, several small businesses have begun offering weekend stays and are getting booked every summer and often autumn season. Consider Costanoa, a glamping site an hour south of San Francisco. This lodge and campsite offers plenty of luxurious amenities such as plush beds with heated mattress pads and hardwood floors, while at the same time functioning as a campground in the middle of over 30,000 acres of state parks and preserves. Glampers are invited to cook their own meals at one of the three grilling stations, but are also given the option of dining at the campsites restaurant. There is plenty of luxury, but if you want the outdoor adventure, it is merely a hike (or drive) away.
[fancy_link title=”BOOK YOUR TRIP NOW” link=”http://www.mb103.com/lnk.asp?o=6272&c=918271&a=224355&l=4984″ target=”” style=”5″ class=”” download=””]
Whether you are a young family not wanting to deal with the hassle of a true camping trip, or a newlywed couple looking for the ideal honeymoon, or simply a group of friends looking for truly special girlfriend vacations, glamping is the perfect option. Who can resist the outdoors, especially when a plush heated mattress is waiting for you at the end of the day?
Vacations are meant to be an oasis away from the stresses of work and everyday life. Moments in time where the only hard decisions are whether you’re going to go for a relaxing swim in the pool or on a walk through nature. For this reason, it is important not to get too disheartened and frustrated when planning your vacation and deciding what to pack and what to leave.
For your next adventure, consider camping! Although it may sound like a hassle to arrange, as well as endless headaches to come, there is a newer, much more relaxing form of camping that will have anyone hoping to extend their trip called Glamping. Short for glamorous camping, this new form of modern camping trades in the complicated manuals and tent poles for comfortable beds and full sized kitchens! This all of course is when glamping in a Yurt.
Yurts, previously called Gers, were the traditional mobile homes of Mongolian nomadic tribes that traveled across Asia with their herds and homes in tow. Environmental and secure, yurts are not only great for the environment, but they also make camping trips all the more fun and enjoyable! Within the last decade or so, these modern dwellings have been popping up on campgrounds and campsites around the nation as part of resort options. Whether looking for a nice romantic getaway for two, camping with family, or taking a ski trip with friends, these cedar homes can turn an ordinary time into extraordinary with their originality!
As stated previously, why get caught up and anxious with the tedious details regarding the traditional camping way, when glamping is oceans more of fun? In addition, staying in yurts does not require endless preparation and packing checklists making it a better option off the bat! Here is a list of ten items completely unnecessary if participating in a yurt glamping trip!
What can be left at home when yurt camping:
10. Plates, bowls, pots and pans
Yurts usually come with fully stocked kitchens, as do most resorts, with the typical kitchen items such as plates, utensils, and cooking appliances.
9. Bear-proof food containers
Who has not seen a video of a bar tearing apart a campsite or breaking vehicle windows in order to find the one piece of beef jerky that fell on the floor? While traditional camping can be extremely dangerous, yurts serve as a protective barrier with strong cedar latticed walls and windows, making it almost impenetrable by outside forces!
8. Granola and freeze-dried foods
Unless someone specifically likes these specific products, there is no need for anyone to have to limit their meal options when it comes to food as yurts are equipped with full kitchens including a fridge, stove, and even a microwave for those less kitchen savvy. It’s called glamorous camping for a reason!
7. Instant coffee
What could be better than waking up in the morning to a fresh pot of roasted drip coffee that did not have to be made in an ancient percolator? One of the downsides to traditional camping that always worries many is how they will get their caffeine fix, but with a yurt, you’ll be worry free!
6. Fresh water and jugs
Save drinking from the creeks for your pets! The fully stocked kitchen will have all the running water you could need.
5. Matches, lighters and other fire-starting utensils
While most yurts come equipped with a grill outside for those wanting to build a fire and/or barbecue, the above utensils will not be necessary unless stranded in the woods, which most likely won’t happen.
No need for bulky gadgets or kerosene, as the huts are electrically equipped with everything from air conditioning and heating to ample lighting!
3. Sleeping bag, air mattress and repair kit for your mattress
What could be better than still enjoying all that nature has to offer while sleeping on top of a pillow-top mattress and being warm underneath blankets? It sure beats the typical sleeping bags and rough floors of the forest floor!
2. Awkward to carry tent poles and ground tarps
Bid farewell to the days of space-eating tent equipment for the family and the insufferable headaches that ensue after trying to put all the right pieces into the correct joints. And you can forget about having to lug the ground tarps that weigh a ton!
1. The tent
As little space as tents usually are, unless you have the one that is built like a house on steroids, they are not worth the hassle and headaches of putting them together when you can stay in a glamorous yurt stocked with a full bathroom and kitchen!
But—don’t forget to bring your spice rack. Your menu is important when it comes to glamping. Make this a picnic to remember. Top the table with a beautiful cloth and dinnerware, plates, cloth napkins and utensils. Dress up the table with a local wild flower arrangement. Light candles. Pour some of your finest red wine or try a specialty beer. Be creative when deciding what meals you choose. Plan ahead. Many meals can be prepared or partially prepared ahead of time, giving you many more options when it comes to your glamping menu.
If already a veteran camper or seeking to try out a new adventure, the opportunity to try glamping will most certainly not disappoint! Being surrounded by nature while in an eco-friendly environment could not be more relaxing; and the central air and heat does not hurt either!
10 Top Reasons To Take A Glamping Holiday
1. SOUNDS GOOD. Ever wondered what a glamping holiday is? This in vogue idea was created by taking the great outdoors and finding a way of connecting and living within it. This naturally brings you to camping but by throwing in a generous helping of glamour you end up with glamping, a luxury form of camping, which has spawned many forms of romantic, glamourous outdoor living environment all of which are under the stars and next to nature.
2. CHOICE. Tents conjure up all sorts of images from the past not helped by the likes of “Carry on Camping” but a glamping holiday is far removed from that old film. There is a mass to choose from with pre pitched luxury eurotents, bell tents, yurts, tipis and safari tents literally popping up everywhere. Combine that with the variety of locations from lonely farms to established sites with lots of facilities you really are spoilt for choice.
3. ROMANTIC. With fairy lights, wood burning stoves and proper double beds you can’t go wrong on the romantic front. Some of the breath taking locations with forest, coast or countryside on offer there is the opportunity to enjoy stunning sunrises or sunsets whilst out walking or cycling, or even just sitting by your tent. So romantic.
4. MOD CONS. Many holiday providers equip their glamping accommodation with an electric supply which means your tent comes with a fridge, so no sweaty cheese or warm beers. With an electric supply you can charge mobiles, use hair straighteners and charge devices for children’s games. You probably won’t want to as you relax into your glamping experience but knowing you have an electric supply is reassuring.
5. COMFORT. A good night’s sleep is important if not essential to most people and that is not something you would associate with camping normally, self inflating air beds turn into self deflating part way through the night and you end up sleeping on the hard ground with just a sheet of rubber between you and that stick now forcing its way into your back. Most glamping tents come with proper beds with proper mattresses so after a day of cycling, walking or lazing by your tent drinking in the fresh air you are likely to get a better night’s sleep than you would at home.
6. FEELING SMUG. There is nothing funnier on a camp site than the late arrival or novice camper trying to put up their tent. The late arrival is there late because of some unforeseen delay on route and arrival at the site has been preceded with arguments as to who is to blame. The campers get out of the car in stony silence, with ever dimming light and attempt to put up a tent together, without any cooperation with each other, interesting. Campers are great people and will often go to the aid of a struggling tent erector – eventually. In the mean time, watch, enjoy and feel smug.
7. SPACE. Everywhere, you are in the big outdoors and it is fantastic, the children have space to play and run around finding new friends leaving you with the space to enjoy time without them around you, happy in the knowledge they are having the time of their lives. Space in the car for all the things you would not normally be able to take on a camping trip once the car had been filled with tent, cooker, cooking equipment, tables chairs and those all important self inflating/deflating air beds. Now where was that wine!
8. STARRY NIGHTS. Sitting outside your tent after a sunny summer’s day is perfect. Many campsites allow camp fires which makes for an idyllic end to your day, but whether you have a fire or not the beautiful clear, starry nights (especially in Norfolk and Suffolk who are renowned for their big open skies) are not to be missed. If you get a good star gazing night you could find yourself lying on the ground staring upwards in amazement. You will also realize how little you know of the constellations and could well find the need to buy a book to go constellation naming.
9. SOCIABLE. Campsites are fun and friendly. They are great places to organize a family holiday, with many sites offering a variety of accommodation types so the whole group can find the accommodation to suit them. Organize a glamping weekend break with friends and you turn up on a Friday evening after work and you have nothing more to do than enjoy yourselves. Very easy and civilized.
10. COOL. Camping is in and family, friends and workmates enjoy and spend time talking about their great weekends away. Normally you can’t join in but now you can, whether you holiday in a tiny 2 man leaky tent or a fully equipped luxurious glamping tent it’s still camping – just! No need to tell them how easy it all was. Just waffle on about the fantastic area, beautiful skies or sea views and you’re well away. You could always brag about how fantastic your glamping holiday was and wonder what they get from their camping experiences that you don’t with yours. They have all the hassle, that’s all. Not so with a glamping holiday. COOL.